Monday, May 3, 2010

My first posting

Ok, so now I've started this blog which no one but me will ever care about. Well, maybe my kids will get a laugh if I let them know about it. But, I'll have a place to put down my ideas and hopefully make them happen. I've been taking classes at my local favorite pottery studio (Desert Dragon) and have learned all sorts of new techniques for handbuilding. Right now I'm working on a Sgraffitto piece. I did one already. It's carving on clay or other medium. Now I'm doing one on a clay box that I made first. Very time consuming, but fun. Can't wait to see what the end product looks like.
That's the thing about working in clay, you never know what will happen. After all the time you spend on something it could crack or blow up in the firing process. It teaches you to let it go, move on to the next thing. There is no perfection in clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment